Exciting news for Spotify fans, the company has officially announced today that it is now available in Japan on a invite-only basis. Japan is one of the biggest music markets in the world and Spotify is the first “freemium” platform available in the territory.
Spotify in Japan offers:
– Comprehensive catalog of Japanese and international artists
– Unique discovery and personalization features including Discover Weekly (a playlist based on your listening habits, updated every Monday) and Release Radar (a playlist of new music based on the artists you follow and listen to the most, updated every Friday)
– Music curated to fit your every taste and mood. Alongside Spotify’s international playlists, Japanese users can enjoy a range of playlists expertly curated by our Tokyo-based team of music experts, including Tokyo Super Hits and Best of J-Rock!
– Use mobile, laptop, tablet or PlayStation™Music for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 to control and listen across free and subscription services
– Listen everywhere: Wi-Fi speakers, TV, PlayStation® and more, using the Spotify app as a remote
Gaming and Running modes alongside Japanese and global streaming charts
Song lyrics support on mobile – making its global Spotify debut in Japan – alongside desktop lyric support
We are really excited to have our distributed content available to Japanese fans!
Full Spotify announcement and source: