Demo ManagementSign Up for a Free 7 Day Trial
'Being an A&R is fun they said. Listening to hundreds of new songs every week will be fun they said'
In theory, receiving and listening to hundreds of demos each week sounds like an exciting and intriguing challenge. In reality, it is a very challenging and unpleasant process. Have you received a demo with no file tags, making impossible to track it back to an email? A corrupted attachment? An unfinished soundcloud clip? Or perhaps a message in your personal facebook? As label owners, we have all been there and complained about that.
Let us help you get organized!
With Label Engine's Demo Management system, each of your labels can be assigned both a URL (e.g. http://yourlabelname.label-engine.com) and an email address (e.g. email@example.com). The URL allows artists to upload or provide links to demos of up to 5 tracks, as well as add extra information about themselves, on a fully customizable demo page. Any emails sent to the email address are automatically parsed by Label Engine and all important files and information are extracted.
Your demos page will show you all incoming demos - any uploaded or attached mp3s are playable, soundcloud or zippyshare links are provided through an embeded player, and links are provided to any external files.
Don't have the time to reply to each demo individually? Create auto-reply messages that can be used for any case, whether you wish to sign a demo or encourage artists with potential to stay in touch. In the rare case you don't wish to deal with a specific artist or they keep sending you demos that don't fit your label, block them, life is too short to waste any precious time.
Demos can be organized into folders to keep track of those that are selected, rejected or those that need further decision. Demos can easily be added into your repository with all artist information attached for further reference.
Let Label Engine help you find the next big hit, don't ignore your demos anymore!
Demo Management Features
- Customizable demo submission page for each of your labels - add your label logo and colours
- Option to embed your demo page within your own website
- Demos sent to your unique email address are automatically parsed for demos, all other emails are forwarded to you
- Waveform images or Soundcloud players are shown for every demo
- Choose to receive email alerts each time a demo is uploaded
- View social media stats for submitting artists - add favorite artists to your watch list to prioritise their demos
- Ability to block artists based on email or IP address
- Create automated replies and send responses to artists with a single click
- Sort demos into folders and add comments to manage them effectively
- Easy music management using our "FTP Repository" - upload your wave, flac, aiff or mp3 files through a browser or over ftp, or import them directly from Beatport, Baseware or FUGA
- Easily make compilations from existing releases with our Compilation Builder tool
- Upload your music directly to your Soundcloud account
- Create additional user logins with unique permissions to run your label as a team
- Schedule system to keep track of events - set up reminders via email or dashboard notification
"Label-Engine is revolutionizing the next generation of independent digital record labels with their countless innovations."
Label Engine's Demo Management system is available with a Demo Management or Promotion Subscription and is provided free of charge to all Labels that use our Premium Distribution service. For full subscription details please check our pricing page.