1. Scope and Application of this Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
This Policy governs the manner in which Label Engine collects, uses, maintains, and discloses information collected from Customers. It is only applicable to our Services and not to any other website, service, or online platform offered by unaffiliated third parties.
2. Definition of Personal Information
Customers may be asked for, as appropriate, some or all of the following types of Personal Information: (i) name, (ii) email address, (iii) mailing address, (iv) phone number, (v) email and other electronic contact information, such as cookies, (vi) your age, (vii) information for the purpose of authenticating yourself or your account if we have reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that You may be violating Site policies or for any other reason we deem necessary (collectively "Personal Identification Information"). You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all Personal Information You submit to Label Engine.
3. The Purposes of Personal Information Collection
- To verify your eligibility to use the Services and Label Engine Website
- To provide the Services promised by the Website
- To more effectively respond to your Customer service requests and support needs
- To improve Customer service, generally
- Troubleshoot problems and prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- To personalize the Customer experience
- To customize, measure and improve our Services, content, and advertising
- To, in the aggregate, understand how our Customers as a group use the Services and resources provided on our Website
- To improve our website offerings, generally, based on the information and feedback we receive from You
- To communicate with Customers, generally, about products and/or services in which You may be interested
- To tell You about our Services, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- To process transactions
- To fulfill any orders placed through the Website (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing You with invoices and/or order confirmations)
- To screen our orders for potential risk of fraud
- To administer a content, promotion, survey, or other Website features
- To send Customers information You agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to You
- To send periodic emails – To send our mailing list, if any, that Customers will be opted into upon registration
Processing of Personal Information may include some or all of the above activities to gather, record, organize, adapt, alter, store, use, retrieve, transfer, disclose, erase, or destroy your Personal Information.
4. The Manner In Which Personal Information is Collected
a. Timing of Data Collection
We may collect Personal Information from Customers under a variety of circumstances, including, but not limited to when Customers: (i) visit our Website, (ii) register on the Website, (iii) subscribe to a newsletter, (iv) fill out a form, (v) purchase something from our store, (vi) email us directly, (vii) sign up for a Service, (viii) seek help via support, and (ix) in connection with other activities, features, or resources we make available on our Website.
b. Automatically Collected Information
When You utilize the Services, we may collect Personal Information and non-Personal Information whenever You interact with our Services such as: your IP address and the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (examples of Personal Information); the URLs of websites You used to arrive at the Website or leave the Website to go to; your type of browser and language; access times; your email client; the type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to our Website, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information; your mobile provider, and/or your mobile device (examples of non-Personal Information). We may use such information to better understand how Website Customers use the Website, to analyze trends, administer the Website, prevent fraud, and gather broad demographic information. We may utilize technologies, such as, web beacons (also known as "clear gifs" and "pixel tags") to recognize You, customize your experience, and serve advertisements. While solely on the platform itself, we may utilize technology which captures, via video or a series of still images, your session on the platform. The technology utilized blanks out any financial or password fields upon capture. The captured information is used to analyze Customer movements and interaction with the platform.
c. Web browser cookies
5. Third Party Information Transfers
Label Engine is committed to maintaining your trust and we want You to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about You. We may disclose Personal Information to third parties in order to: (i) render our Services to You, (ii) respond to legal requirements, including by subpoena or under deposition, (ii) enforce our policies, (iii) respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or (iv) protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
In furtherance of providing our Services, we have service providers under contract who enable us to provide our wide range of products and Services to You. Certain Label Engine program participants are under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion, believe it necessary or appropriate in order to conduct investigations of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity while protecting your rights.
We do not sell, trade, or lease Customer Personal Information to others. However, we may share aggregated demographic information not linked to any Personal Information regarding Customers with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use a third-party service provider(s) to help us operate our business and the Website, or administer activities on our behalf such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share limited information with these trusted third-parties for those limited purposes in order to provide Services to You.
If you are an EU-resident, please note that your Personal Information will be transferred outside of the EU, including to Canada and the United States.
6. Consent and Customer/User Privacy Rights
a. Voluntary Consent
Customers may always refuse to supply Personal Information, except by doing so, such refusal may prevent You from engaging in certain Service-related activities. We urge You to exercise caution when deciding to disclose any Personal Information through the Services.
b. Age of Consent
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to us. For that reason, Label Engine does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of majority in your state, province, or country of residence. By using this Website, You represent that You are at least the age of majority in your state, province, or country of residence, or that You are the age of majority in your state, province, or country of residence and You have given us your voluntary consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this Website. If You are under the age of majority, You should review this agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that You and your parent or guardian understand and agree to it.
c. Lawful Use
We do not link cookies or web beacons to any Personal Information. However, in the future, We may enable advertisers and ad servers to promote third-party products and/or allow third party Media Platforms to use code analytics on our Website.
If after You opt-in, or at any time, You change your mind; You may withdraw your consent for us to contact You, as well as for our continued collection and/or processing of your Personal Information. You may indicate your preference to opt out of receiving promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email You receive (can be found in the email footer) or by contacting us directly at email@example.com. You acknowledge that it may take up to thirty (30) days for us to process an opt-out request. Please note, however, that You cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to your account with us.
In addition to your right to give and withdraw consent for our collection and processing of your Personal Information, you also have the following rights:
- Access - You have the right to access Personal Information we hold about You and to ask for a copy of such information;
- Correction – You have the right to have us correct and update your Personal Information based on information You provide us;
- Portability – You have the right to request us to transfer your Personal Information to a third party; and
- Erasure – You have the right to have us delete all of your Personal Information in our possession and under our control.
- Processing – You have the right to object to specific processing of your specific Personal Information by us or third parties through us.
- In order to exercise any of your rights, please contact us through the contact information below;
7. Protection of Personal Information
The Personal Information we collect is stored on a secure, password-protected server with added security, that can only be accessed by authorized personnel. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your Personal Information, including username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. We use industry-standard encryption technologies with respect to the receipt and transfer of Personal Information You submit. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Website and Customers happens over a secure socket layer technology (SSL,) secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Nevertheless, despite our best efforts, no transmission over the Internet and no data storage method can be guaranteed to be safe 100% of the time. Label Engine cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information You transmit to us or guarantee that your Customer data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. The Website is hosted on servers in the United States, Canada and elsewhere. Accordingly, no matter where You are located, the Personal Identification Information You provide to us may be transferred to the United States, Canada, and other localities. By submitting your Personal Identification Information, You consent to its transfer and storage in the United States, Canada, and other localities; and its use in accordance with the purposes for which it was originally collected.
8. Data Breach
In the event of a breach of Personal Information that we determine poses a risk to the rights of individuals who have deposited such information with us, we shall report the breach to the U.S.-designated Data Protection Authority within 72 hours of our confirmation of a breach and take commercially reasonable remedial action as we deem appropriate. If we determine the breach is likely to result in a high risk to the rights of individuals who have deposited such information, we will inform the affected individuals about the breach and the mitigation measures we have undertaken.
9. Date Retention
When You place an order through the Website, fill out a form, or sign-up for a Service; we will maintain your order Information and/or Personal Information in our records for the minimum amount of time necessary to accomplish the following: (i) to provide You with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience, and (ii) to make later interactions with the Site more efficient. These will be the conditions under which information is retained unless and until You ask us to delete Your information. To request us to delete information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Prohibited Use of the Services and Website
You agree not to use the Services provided by Label Engine for any unlawful purpose or in any way that might harm, damage, or disparage Label Engine, its licensees, or any other party. Without limiting the preceding sentence and by way of example and not limitation, You agree that You will not, whether through the Website, our licensees or your content, do or attempt any of the following:
- Undertake, cause, permit or authorize the modification, creation of derivative works, translation, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or hacking of any aspect of the Services, the materials thereon, or any other part thereof; except and solely to the extent permitted by this Agreement; the features of the Services or by law, or otherwise attempt to use or access any portion of the Services other than as intended;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, distribute, or exploit, any portion of the Services, use of the Services, access to the Services or content obtained through the Services, as a result of your being granted access to the Services;
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage, or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Services; features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any part of the Services; or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Services;
- Threaten, harass, abuse, slander, defame or otherwise violate the legal rights (including, without limitation, rights of privacy and publicity) of third parties;
- Publish, distribute, or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, vulgar, defamatory, infringing, obscene, tortious, indecent, unlawful, offensive, immoral, or otherwise objectionable material or information;
- Create a false identity or impersonate another for the purpose of misleading others as to your identity, including, but not limited to, providing misleading information to any feedback system employed by Label Engine;
- Transmit or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful, damaging, or deleterious software programs;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Services, networks or servers connected to the Services or violate the regulations, policies, or procedures of such networks or servers;
- Upload or otherwise transmit any information or content that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party, including by incorporating any such material in your content; or
- Use the Services in any manner whatsoever that could lead to a violation of any federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
12. Contacting Us